News Release > Entergy Rolls Out $1.3M in Grants to Fuel Stronger Communities
Entergy Rolls Out $1.3M in Grants to Fuel Stronger Communities
Entergy Charitable Foundation is accepting new grant requests through Aug. 1
NEW ORLEANS – Entergy Corporation continues to power local and regional communities through the Entergy Charitable Foundation, which awarded $1.3 million through the foundation’s first round of grants in 2017. The grants benefit 80 nonprofit organizations working in communities across Arkansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New York and Texas, focusing on education, poverty solutions and environmental programs.
Requests for funding through the Entergy Charitable Foundation are reviewed twice annually. Applications for the second grant cycle can be submitted through Aug. 1 here.
“We are proud to power life in our communities in ways that go beyond powering the electric grid," said Patty Riddlebarger, Entergy’s director of corporate social responsibility. "By providing support to local nonprofits, we are creating a circuit of community partnerships that help build a better community."
Among the programs supported in the first round of 2017 Entergy Charitable Foundation grants are:
- Arkansas: Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund for their 2017 Entergy Scholars Project.
- Louisiana: New Schools for Baton Rouge and their Beyond 2017 program to create a system of excellent schools across Louisiana’s capital city.
- Massachusetts: Norwell Visiting Nurse Association hospice division and the Pat Roche Hospice Home care center.
- Michigan: The Van Buren Intermediate School District for their Back to School Bonanza backpack distribution project.
- Mississippi: The City of Brandon to help boost tourism through construction of The Brandon Amphitheater.
- New York: Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester and their English Second Language program.
- Texas: The Education for Tomorrow Alliance in Conroe towards their science and technology exposition.
A complete list of 2017 first-round grant awards can be found at here.
In 2016, Entergy shareholders awarded approximately $19 million through various grant programs to almost 3,000 nonprofits in communities where Entergy operates. Of that 2016 total, the Entergy Charitable Foundation distributed more than $2.8 million in grants focusing on education, poverty solutions and environmental programs that improve the quality of life in communities served by Entergy. Learn more about our community investments here.
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $10.8 billion and nearly 13,000 employees.