News Center > Entergy Texas Monitoring Tropical Disturbance
Entergy Texas Monitoring Tropical Disturbance
Entergy Texas is monitoring and planning for any potential impacts from a tropical disturbance that is expected to travel across the Gulf of Mexico in the coming days. Entergy crews and contractors are on alert and will be ready to safely restore power as quickly as possible if needed.
The company is monitoring the forecast for the exact location, timing and magnitude of the storm. Customers should closely watch the weather and prepare for any potential impacts from the storm. For preparation and safety tips, customers can visit the Entergy Storm Center at entergystormcenter.com.
Keeping customers informed before, during and after a storm is important to Entergy Texas. Here are some of the platforms we use to provide updates:
- Download the Entergy App at entergyapp.com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
- Social media plays an important role in keeping customers informed. Follow Entergy Texas on Twitter at @EntergyTX and Facebook at com/EntergyTX.
About Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas, Inc. provides electricity to approximately 473,000 customers in 27 counties. Entergy Texas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR), an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production, transmission and retail distribution operations. Entergy delivers electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest large-scale U.S. power generating fleets with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 7,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and more than 13,000 employees.